Friday, May 11, 2007

Life and Blogging and Relationships

I have to say, I do appreciate those of you who have asked me to update my blog. Life has most definately gotten away from me. I looked at the blog and realized that it has been since January that I have submitted anything. That is too long. The simple truth is that when you get so far behind and do not know where to start then it is easier not to even try--I suppose that could be analogous to about anything that requires continual maintenance. Marriage for instance is a continual maintenance job. We do the necessary things each day that help keep that relationship strong. When we fail to cultivate such things then relationship deteriorate. My wife and I work hard on our marriage and I believe that it is strong due to our persistence and God's love. I know it is strong because I asked her last night--go to the source if you need the answer. The same can be said of our Spiritual lives. Particularly as it relates to Christianity. We exist not in a religious state but in a consistent relationship with the God of all creation that requires maintenance. The same as human relationship deteriorate without care, so does our relationship with God. If we do not do the necessary, then we find that we have gone weeks and months without having had communication with The Source and therefore are lacking. I choose to tell my wife that I love her daily so that she will know it. I choose to help around the house, care for the boys, do little nice things for her without any prompting--why, because I want to keep this valuable relationship strong. The same is true of my relationship with God. I have to take time to pray, to study, to share, to love others, to proclaim--so that my connection to God will remain constant.

Why am I saying all this? Well I have been reminded recently of the alternative. I have seen the neglect and I realize that continual maintanence is the way to remain secure. My job as a pastor is a constant reminder of this fact. I mourn the death of faith, relationships, and trust. I can see how failure to do the necessary is the culprit and we each and every one have to do what it takes to care for our relationships--both with God and man.

I will try to keep up better now. I will try to share my life a little more regularly. Please forgive me friends and let's continue the journey together. God bless.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! :)

Anonymous said...

I've missed you.

John said...

Thank you Monty...I have missed you as well. You are welcome Christy. God bless.

Evan and Julia Abla said...

Less talk, more blog!

Ahh, who am I kidding! I've missed you too, you old coot!

Scott Williams said...

Whoo, whoo! John's back!

Joyce Collins said...

The darling pictures your wife e-mailed yesterday would be perfect on your blog!

Jason said...

Glad to see you are back as well. I hope to read more posts in the future.